Tula Training Pilates Studio Equipment Course
This 8 day Tula Training Studio Equipment Course is based on the traditional Pilates repertoire on the Reformer, Cadillac, Combi-Chair, Ladder Barrel and Spine Corrector. The Course will be run in our Studio in Brighton. Tula Training is committed to educating creative, caring, highly trained instructors with a wide range of teaching skills. This course is open to all qualified pilates mat teachers.
- Enables you to work in a professional pilates studio on the equipment
- Working with our Senior pilates experts from Pilates in Brighton you will develop your knowledge of the functionality and safety of the equipment.
- You will learn a wide range of exercises on all the equipment from complete beginners to the more advanced client.
- Modifications of exercises will be covered in detail for postural issues, back pain, antenatal, and planning sessions for the advanced clients.
- You will work through case studies and interactive workshops
Class planning for small groups, one to ones and specific populations
You will be confident to assess, teach and progress a wide range of clients
Limited numbers to ensure plenty of individual attention
Teachers will develop a full understanding of the Studio Equipment including its functionality, safety, uses and modifications.
All Tula Training students will be encouraged to experiment, explore and develop their own individual teaching style.
- Level 3 Pilates Mat qualification
You will receive a certificate of competency/attendance with continuous assessment throughout the course.
A longer fully comprehensive course learning as an apprentice is also available at Pilates in Brighton studio after completion of this course. The recommended time for this is around 6 to 10 months. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Next Course : September 2017, Dates TBA.
Please email in if you are interested.
The course content includes:
- Understand the design of the equipment and the functionality of the springs
- How to keep clients safe when using the equipment
- Health and safety in the studio
- Correct application of the exercises and the progressions
- Postural assessment
- Working with beginners
- Building on your repertoire of exercises by increasing the complexity and pace
- Variations of the exercises
- Modifications of exercises for back pain, dysfunctions and postural issues
- Cues and imagery
- Scope of practice and ethics
- Session planning for one to ones and small groups
- 8 days
- Course Manual Included
The course fee is £1,850. We have two payment options available to spread the cost….
- Option One: Deposit of £450.00 and final balance of £1,400 six weeks before
- Option Two: Deposit of £450.00 and four payments of £350.00
Contact us to find out more and secure a place.
Carolyn Bailey MCSP, a highly experienced Specialist Musculoskeletal and Clinical Pilates Rehabilitation Physiotherapist with extensive experience in both London’s NHS teaching hospitals and private practices. Before relocating to Brighton and setting up her thriving Pilates studio in Kemptown in 2010, Carolyn was also the company physiotherapist for the esteemed Rambert Dance Company.
Carolyn has many years experience in teaching Pilates in London and Brighton. She will explain the functional application of exercises taking into consideration individual movement dysfunctions. She has a special interest in working with Chronic Pain, Back surgery rehab, hip impingement, hyperflexability and Neurological rehab. She will also share her knowledge of Pilates for Dancers.
Max Labatto is one of Pilates in Brighton’s Senior Instructors and has over 11 years experience working with the Pilates Equipment. Max began a journey of movement and physical fitness at an early age taking up martial arts at seven years old and still practises traditional Japanese martial arts and modern combative systems.
Max discovered Pilates in 2005 under the tuition of Paul Mclinden whilst recovering from surgery after a very bad shoulder injury which he sustained playing contact sports. He soon realised the benefits of the Pilates method and in 2007 completed the full comprehensive training in mat work and the apparatus and continues to be a dedicated student learning a deeper connection and understanding of Joseph Pilates’ original work.
During his time teaching Max spent 3 years at Brighton and Hove Albion football club starting from the 2012-2013 season as Pilates coach for the 1st team and the under 21’s. Max helps people recovering from injuries, prepping athletes for general fitness or competition or dancers and clients that want stronger leaner bodies and a better mind-body connection.
Katy discovered Pilates when she suffered a hip injury during her contemporary dance training. She has since practised Pilates to sustain her life both as a performer and teacher. Qualifying in both apparatus and matwork teaching with the Pilates Foundation in 2009, Katy has taught for 8 years at Trevor Blount Pilates Studio in South Kensington and at studios in East Sussex.
Katy enjoys the approach of the Pilates method: working on strength, good biomechanical alignment and flexibility, the Pilates repertoire allows clients to develop freedom of movement and freedom from pain. She makes use of the vast range of exercises to work individually with clients, creating exercise programmes that support and enhance their own unique anatomy and goals.