Believe it or not, Pilates teachers need to have a range of skills. You don’t have to look like a super model to be a good Pilates instructor, but you should lead a healthy lifestyle to be a good motivator for your clients. Being passionate about Pilates exercise is a given! As well as a passion for fitness you should be a good communicator and be a people person. Coaching skills. empathy and compassion are also important ingredients in the mix.
Getting to know your students is essential as well as being patient, creative and sociable. One more thing, motivation – a fabulous pilates teacher motivates as well as being self-motivated.
Pilates Instructor Course: Level 3 Diploma in Mat Pilates – Course Content
The Tula Training Level 3 Pilates Matwork Teacher Training Course runs for 10 days spread over 4 long weekends, and includes:
- The principles of Pilates Matwork
- How to plan and programme Pilates Matwork classes
- Instructing Pilates Matwork classes
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- How to form effective working relationships with clients and provide ongoing customer service
- Understanding health and safety in a fitness environment. How to control risks, safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
- Understanding the effects of exercise on the body and contradictions.
- Screening clients and identifying goals
Assessment will be a combination of multiple choice question paper, worksheets, class plans and an observed teaching session.
Qualification & Accreditation
Official course title:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork (QCF)
- Accredited by governing body Active IQ
- Provides access onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3 – the recognised UK national standard.
As a Tula Training student we recommend that you satisfy the following requirements:
- An authentic interest in Pilates and some experience of taking Pilates classes
- A degree of physical fitness and body awareness, as this course requires participation in physical exertion.
- Basic skills in communication: discussion, presenting, reading and writing
Venue & Dates January 2017
Tula Training is based at Pilates in Brighton studio, Kemptown. The course dates for Level 3 Pilates Matwork Teacher Training Course 2016 are: They are 10 days each with an extra day for the Assessment.
Pilates Course January 2017
Starts Sunday 29th January 2017
3/4/5 Feb 2017
3/4/5 March 2017
17/18/19 March 2017
Assessment 22nd or 23rd April 2017
Booking & More Information
To register your interest in the Tula Training Level 3 Pilates Matwork Teacher Training Course, or to find out more information – call us on 01273 699998. Please add your email below and we will get back to you shortly.